|History of Homannshof.|
|The farm "Homannshof" was situated at the current military training area of Bergen, ca. 3km north of "Sieben Steinhäuser" (ancient graves) and ca. 1km west of the Tutenberg (hill). Together with the surrounding farms Kolk, Südbostel, Nordbostel, Osterbostel and Kronsnest Homannshof belonged to Oberndorfmark and therewith to the parish of Düshorn. It was one of the major farms of the Heidmark which is documented by the high dowry of 500 Taler donated to the sons and daughters of the farm even in early periods. Also the size of the farm was very considerably. With 1.356 morgen (339ha) it was only a little bit smaller as the largest farm of the Heidmark "Hanglüß". As the farm had to be abandoned in 1936, the area of 1.356 morgen was allocated to 932 morgen of forest, 112 morgen of field, 36 morgen of meadow, 8 morgen of buildings and 268 morgen of heather. The name of the farm was called after the creek "Hohe" nearby. Also the first known owner of the farm called himself after the "Hohebach": "Rychard von dem Hove" (1378). The designation "an der Hoe" and "auf der Hoe" remains till Barthold Grünhagen is mentioned in 1631. With a discontinuity from 1667 till 1759 the name Grünhagen remains at the farm until the building of the military training area in 1936 aborted the extension of the farm after 558 years. In exchange another farm with 900 morgen of land could be acquired in Großeholz near Soltau where the tradition is continued now.|
|Homannshof has to be considered as one of the homesteads of Grünhagen in the Heidmark. It is proved that Grünhagen in Fahrenholz, Ottingen, Kronsnest, Brockhof, Krusenhausen, Südbostel, Bergen, Hoope and Beckedorf have their origins in Homannshof.|
|Two farms are linked very close with Homannshof:"Hoyershof" and "Brockhof".|
|The first known owner of "Hoyershof" in Südbostel is Wischmann in 1378, then Peter Heyer in 1528. The first Grünhagen at this farm appears in 1724. Barthold Grünhagen came from Homannshof and he probably bought the Heyershof as it is called now. The next Grünhagen comes to the Heyershof by marriage in 1823. She is a daughter from a Grünhagen from Homannshof. Due to a major dowry the farm experienced a significant upturn. The name Grünhagen remains at the farm until the relocation of 1936. The size of the farm was: 874 morgen which was allocated to 562 morgen of forest, 120 morgen of field, 32 morgen of meadows, 38 morgen of moor, 12 morgen of buildings and 110 morgen heather surrounding the ancient graves "Die Sieben Steinhäuser". A farm in Reimerdingen is bought but sold again by the daughter later on. This Grünhagen lineage ends here.|
|The second to Homannshof related farm is "Brockhof", ca. 3km south-west of Homannshof.|
|The first known owner of "Brockhof" is Lüdeke von dem Broke in 1378. The name "zum Brocke" remains at the farm until 1674. The first Grünhagen at this farm is Hans Heinrich Grünhagen from Benzen in 1771. The name "Filter" is mentioned at the farm from 1832 on. Then Georg Heinrich Grünhagen from Homannshof marries a daughter from Brockhof in 1890 and from that time again there are Grünhagen at the Brockhof. The farms belong together now, the son inherits Homannshof and both daughters inherit Brockhof. The daughters did not marry and so the name Grünhagen disappeared again from Brockhof. The size of the farm was: 533 morgen which was allocated to 200 morgen of forest, 13 morgen of field, 40 morgen of meadows and 120 morgen of heather. The farm was relocated to Huttbergen near Verden.|
Written down after historic sources by Heinrich Müller in September 1989.